Parking is FREE on the streets and in downtown garages (Green St., Seneca St. and Cayuga St.) on Saturdays and Sundays except when special event parking rates apply. Parking is also FREE during the week from 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM, Monday – Friday. Dryden Rd. Garage charges for parking 24/7, including weekends, except holidays.
In addition, parking is FREE on these 2018 holidays in the garages and on the street:
- New Year’s Day (January 1, 2019)
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Day (January 21, 2019)
- President’s Day (February 18, 2019)
- Memorial Day (May 27, 2019)
- Independence Day (July 4, 2019)
- Labor Day (September 2, 2019)
- Columbus Day (October 14, 2019)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11, 2019)
- Thanksgiving (November 28, 2019)
- Black Friday (November 29, 2019)
- Christmas Day (December 25, 2019)
During special events happening on weekends, garages will charge $5 flat rate (no re-entry). The special events include:
- Chili Cook-Off in February
- Ithaca Festival in late May/early June
- Apple Harvest Festival in late September/early October
- Wizarding Weekend in October
- Chowder Cook-off in December
Visitors are charged an hourly rate of $1/hour to park in the City of Ithaca parking garages (Green Street Garage, Seneca Street Garage, and Cayuga Street Garage) from 2AM – 8PM, Monday – Friday. Dryden Road Garage charges $1/hour to park 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, with a maximum of $15/day.
*Note: if you enter the garage between 2AM and 8PM on a weekday and leave after 8PM, you will have to pay for the time you parked in the garage between 2AM and 8PM. For example: if you entered the garage at 5:30PM and left the garage at 10PM, you will have to pay $3 before you leave the garage.