Parking is FREE on the streets and in garages on Saturdays and Sundays except when special event parking rates apply. Parking is also FREE during the week from 8:00 PM – 3:00 AM, Monday – Friday.
In addition, parking is FREE on these 2018 holidays in the garages and on the street:
- New Year’s Day (Monday, January 1, 2018)
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Day (Monday, January 15, 2018)
- President’s Day (Monday, February 19, 2018)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 28, 2018)
- Independence Day (Wednesday, July 4, 2018)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 3, 2018)
- Columbus Day (Monday, October 8, 2018)
- Veteran’s Day (Monday, November 12, 2018)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22, 2018)
- Black Friday (Friday, November 23, 2018)
- Christmas Day (Tuesday, December 25, 2018)
During special events happening on weekends, garages will charge $5 flat rate (no re-entry). The special events include:
- Chili Cook-Off in February
- Ithaca Festival in late May/early June
- Apple Harvest Festival in late September/early October
- Wizarding Weekend in October
- Chowder Cook-off in December
Visitors are charged an hourly rate of $1/hour to park in the City of Ithaca parking garages (Green Street Garage, Seneca Street Garage, and Dryden Road Garage) from 3AM – 8PM, Monday – Friday.
*Note: if you enter the garage between 3AM and 8PM on a weekday and leave after 8PM, you will have to pay for the time you parked in the garage between 3AM and 8PM. For example: if you entered the garage at 5:30PM and left the garage at 10PM, you will have to pay $3 at the pay machine before you leave the garage.