Parking is FREE on the streets and in garages on Saturdays and Sundays except when special event parking rates apply. Parking is also FREE during the week from 8:00pm – 3:00am, Monday – Friday.
In addition, parking is FREE on these holidays in the garages and on the street:
- New Year’s Day (Monday, January 2, 2017)
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Day (Monday, January 16, 2017)
- President’s Day (Monday, February 20, 2017)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2017)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4, 2017)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4, 2017)
- Columbus Day (Monday, October 9, 2017)
- Veteran’s Day (Friday, November 10, 2017)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 23, 2017)
- Black Friday (Friday, November 24, 2017)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25, 2017)
During special events happening on weekends, garages will charge $5 flat rate (no re-entry). The special events include:
- Chili Cook-Off in February
- Ithaca Festival in late May/early June
- Apple Harvest Festival in late September/early October
- Wizarding Weekend in October
Visitors are charged an hourly rate of $1/hour to park in the City of Ithaca parking garages (Green Street Garage, Seneca Street Garage, and Dryden Road Garage) from 3AM – 8PM, Monday – Friday.
*Note: if you enter the garage between 3AM and 8PM on a weekday and leave after 8PM, you will have to pay for the time you parked in the garage between 3AM and 8PM. For example: if you entered the garage at 5:30PM and left the garage at 10PM, you will have to pay $3 at the pay machine before you leave the garage.