There are several ways to pre-pay for parking at City garages or at on-street parking spaces. See below for those options.
The City of Ithaca has implemented a two-year pilot program for a scratch-off parking program for patrons planning to park on the streets in downtown Ithaca or Collegetown.
Patrons are able to purchase scratch-off cards in a range of denominations (15 min., 30 min., 1 hour, 1.5 hr., 2 hr.) at the following locations in Tompkins County:
- City Chamberlain’s Office, 108 E. Green Street
- Greenstar Cooperative, Cayuga Street and Buffalo Street locations
- Green Street Pharmacy, 131 E. Green Street
- Ithaca Agway Farm & Home Center, 213 S. Fulton Street
- Lifelong, 119 W. Court Street
- The Cat’s Pajamas, 215 N. Cayuga Street (DeWitt Mall)
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging, 214 W. State Street
When you arrive at a metered space in downtown Ithaca or College, just scratch off the amount of time you plan to park on your scratch-off card, hang it from your mirror or place it on your dashboard in clear view, and you’re all set! Scratch-off cards are purchased for the on-street parking rate of $1.50 per hour.
An alternative option to paying for on-street parking is to download the Parkmobile app. The Parkmobile app allows drivers to pay for parking with their smartphones, or calling 877-727-5730, meaning you won’t need to pay at a pay station. Parkmobile users may choose to receive alerts and reminders 15 minutes prior to expiration of their parking session. It’s that simple!
The parking garages in Downtown Ithaca and Collegetown offer monthly permit passes at several different price points, a great cost-savings measure for downtown and Collegetown employees.